• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Please help me find out what this accordion is and what the value may be

Status
Not open for further replies.

aonepromo

Reaction score
I was given this accordion by my boss to try and appraise. We know nothing about accordions. Please help!
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4544.jpg
    IMG_4544.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4543.jpg
    IMG_4543.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4546.jpg
    IMG_4546.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4545.jpg
    IMG_4545.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4542 (1).jpg
    IMG_4542 (1).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4547 (1).jpg
    IMG_4547 (1).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4547.jpg
    IMG_4547.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4542.jpg
    IMG_4542.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 40
We know nothing about accordions. Please help!
I assume you're in business retailing second hand goods?
Acquiring used accordions with no expertise in them seems to me like buying used cars with no knowledge of used cars: rather risky!?
I don't know the make but on the face of it, it appears to be a 41/120, 3 treble reed (HML) late 1940s/ early 50s, Italian made instrument in good cosmetic condition.
Depending on how it sounds (all reeds working, no strange smells, noises or sticking keys/buttons), good bellows compression, it could be perfect for Manu or Ron (currently searching for an accordion, see new posts).
As to price, similar items appear on various online sites with an asking price in the middle hundreds ($Australian)

Last edited:
Accordions are a bit like used cars: it is impossible to estimate their value without an inspection of what's inside. Inside the accordion there are mechanisms that may be nicely clean or full of dust and smoke residue, reed blocks that may be straight or warped, reeds that may be shiny like new or completely rusted, leather valves flush to the reed blocks or all curled up and dried out... The value of this accordion may be a few hundred when everything is in good working order and to bring it up to that state may cost a few hundred, making the estimate between 0 and a few hundred...

Coop. l'Armonica (Cooperativa l'Armonica), Stradella (Pavia - Italy), from the '50es, no tremolo, cassotto. This kind of accordions are called "Organtone".
Currently, there're two similar accordions on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back