• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Piano keyboard vs. Kravtsov keyboard

Joking aside, @murathan, I don't like Snickers.🤣🤣🤣 And anyway they will forever be known to me as Marathon bars. :) Now, dear murathan, good fellow... forgive me for complicating matters... but I don't mind there being new types of accordions in the world.

However, to me there is only really one "piano" accordion keyboard and even Kravtsov's keyboard is just an ergonomic PA that follows the same basic layout and encourages traditional PA fingerings. Why would a piano accordionist like Prof. Kravtsov want to rub-out the creativity, that marvellous spark of inventiveness that is in his thoughts and mind... It's surely not a bad thing. I truly believe Kravtsov should be applauded for his accordion and for his devotion to the piano type keyboard. That man has dedicates his life to understanding his beloved instrument better and it's all for those piano accordionist students who want to experience new, unexplored musicial realms and make sounds that have never been made before on any instrument. His students are producing magnificent music too.

Sometimes, we need to take a moment and enjoy these nice things...

Last edited:
Forums are deep places. But I think I organize my mind too by posting maybe like others. A keyboard can be arranged in almost indefinite combinations. Button accordion system have certainly more capability as we can see from videos. These niche ideas can be manufactured easily too in todays conditions I guess. The idea follows to: Cant we arrange the total music digitally which the commercial music mass industry is sort of there today.

These niche ideas can be manufactured easily too in todays conditions I guess.
@murathan, my good fellow, accordionists have no requirement for the term "niche". :p

It may seem to us like some accordion designs are more (or less) "niche" than others, but the reality is that to muggles (non-accordion folk), we are ALL as niche as Mr McNiche from Nicheville, Tennessee. :ROFLMAO:

It doesn't matter if you play an inverted Z griff button accordion made from Cadbury's chocolate buttons or a Kravtsov carved from Crunchies - the rest of creation would not blink an eyelid.

P.S. Obviously piano accordions are not niche at all - we are part of the greater Universal keyboard system. ;)

Last edited:
@murathan, my good fellow, accordionists have no requirement for the term "niche". :p

It may seem to us like some accordion designs are more (or less) "niche" than others, but the reality is that to muggles (non-accordion folk), we are ALL as niche as Mr McNiche from Nicheville, Tennessee. :ROFLMAO:

It doesn't matter if you play an inverted Z griff button accordion made from Cadbury's chocolate buttons or a Kravtsov carved from Crunchies - the rest of creation would not blink an eyelid.

P.S. Obviously piano accordions are not niche at all - we are part of the greater Universal keyboard system. ;)
Every person who works on art is some sort of crazy anyways :LOL:

Back