• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Online Sunday master class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alans

Reaction score
The Association of Accordion Teachers and Guild-the ATG is hosting two masterclasses this fall on their site. Viewing is free. The master will be Joan Cochran’s Summers who taught accordion at a university for maybe fifty years. She is the most reknown teacher in the United States. There will be,I believe three or four performances during the class. An advanced student,an intermediate student and maybe a beginner. You can view the class through the ATG website.
The ATG holds a convention every summer-cancelled this past summer of course.

Forgot to mention-the class is one p.m. central time.

Thank you to share this information.
Are the ATG saving these masterclass accordion online videos on one location at their website?

Eg in Russia there is a website for professional level accordion masterclasses and information, videos, ...
www.accordions.pro
https://accordions.pro/

One can find hundreds of online videos with B-system bayan masterclasses (in Russian), from 30 minutes duration up to 1h30 or more than 2 hours of masterclass accordion videos.

Top level C-system CBA online masterclass videos are very limited on YouTube.
Are there any USA or European C-system CBA masterclass videos or plans to group these online at a website?

Here’s Joan Sommers conducting an accordion orchestra from Missouri.
Great Gershwin arrangement!
And, oh my! Where are are all those beautiful players now?

There is no information as to whether or not they plan to save this live accordion master class. Best to write to them directly.

Forgot to mention-the class is one p.m. central time.

I believe it is at 3:00 CST. They'll post the link on the ATG website at 2:45.

It's a Zoom "meeting", so you'll want to have a Zoom account already set up and (ideally) the software downloaded.

I liked the master class but it was very intense. I wish they would post it again so it could be watched in smaller bites.

Is the Joan Cochran Summers accordion masterclass video still online ?

I hope more will be available in the future.
Some of the Russian videos are freely online available for everyone, and some with the automatic subtitles and English translation options:
Выпуск №16. Знания доступны всем: мастер-класс Александра Склярова

The AI algorithms and linguist software need more finetuning from the programmers. Especially translations from Russian into English are still underlevel for music and accordion terminology .
But thanks to the automatic translations we have some more CBA instructional videos from professional conservatory trained accordionists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back