• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Note sticking on keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pippa

Hi all, I wonder if you can help me.

I have a note sticking on the keyboard - button goes down and doesn't often come back up by itself - any ideas how I can fix it? I've opened up the bass side before, but I don't know where to start with the other side.

Thanks!

Hi Pippa; Is the problem button on the bass side or treble side ????? JIM D.

Hi Pippa ; I,ll be glad to help you on this one. You list your accordions as P/A's is it a sticky button or key ?? Also what is the make and model of the box?? JIM D.

Thanks Jim. It's a D# key on the piano side. It's my Soviet (Voskhod) box, so the quality of the thing is pretty low. I had the bass repaired last month and I'm still getting sticky notes on the bass side too. As I'm planning on getting a new accordion soon I won't be heartbroken if this one bites the dust, but it would be cool to learn about repairing them. There are pictures of the thing in accordion makes and models > post a picture thread. I don't know where to start with opening up the piano side!

Hi Pippa; First of all who serviced your bass side and left you with sticking buttons ? Proper photo's of Soviet accordions are almost nill and I'll need one of yours. In the meantime try going to the accordion Revival website and in chapter 1 look up freeing sticking keys. The photos and instructions here should give you some idea of what your treble keyboard repair will involve. JIM D.

It was serviced by a man in Tallinn. It had sticking bass buttons to start with, then one day the whole bass side stopped working. He fixed the catastrophe for €20 but said any more work and I'd be paying more for the repair than the thing was worth, so the bass buttons still stuck from time to time. Now it's extended to the treble. Thanks for the website, I'll take a look and let you know how I get on.

I had this on an inherited accordion that hadn't beeen played for a while (unknown) - it released itself eventually. Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back