• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

No Serenellini distributor in France ?..

Thibaut69

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum, in the process of analysing different brands/models for my future piano accordion, I am currently considering Castagnari Magica 3, Pigini Wing 374 Cherrywood (both available in France) AND I found the beautiful wood pianos serie of Serenellinis which are unfortunately apparently not distributed in France..

This leads me to these questions:
- would anyone know why (Serenellini is not distributed in France) ?
- is it a reliable brand (but I think this is subject to endless discussions ^^') ?
- for which advantages would I buy an accordion from a distributor in my country (the nearest selling the above mentionned models being 2h30/3h away ; i.e we would probably send each other the accordion for reception /1 year tuning-revision /reparation via a delivery company) instead of dealing directly (if possible) with the manufacturer in Italy ?

Thank you for your inputs !

Regards,

If you're already 2 1/2 hours away from a dealer and you're in France you might as well make a trip to Castelfidardo and visit some factories/showrooms and order direct. (You may need a second trip to collect the accordion when it's finished.)

Luciano has always enjoyed a following in France, as he
early on learned and specialized in leather gasketed reeds
(no wax) and did many other small things as well that French
accordionists loved

i would be surprised if no-one in France has his products in their shops,
but there are not many accordion stores left in France and it has been
difficult for the few French brands to stay in business.. even Maugein needed
the French Gov. to step in once and save them!

call Sabrina and make a date to go down and visit them in Loreto..
you will probably drive home with one in your car..

If you're already 2 1/2 hours away from a dealer and you're in France you might as well make a trip to Castelfidardo and visit some factories/showrooms and order direct. (You may need a second trip to collect the accordion when it's finished.)
Thank you for your answer,
I am also considering this..
But Lyon -> Castelfidardo is a 9h (+ breaks (I need a lot)) drive.. Also I am not sure there would be the models I am targetting, so, yeah, I was trying to avoid such a trip, but it is indeed an option I have ^^'

Luciano has always enjoyed a following in France, as he
early on learned and specialized in leather gasketed reeds
(no wax) and did many other small things as well that French
accordionists loved

i would be surprised if no-one in France has his products in their shops,
but there are not many accordion stores left in France and it has been
difficult for the few French brands to stay in business.. even Maugein needed
the French Gov. to step in once and save them!

call Sabrina and make a date to go down and visit them in Loreto..
you will probably drive home with one in your car..
actually there are accordion sellers in France but mostly diatonic or chromatic buttons accordions. When I speak about chromatic piano accordions I am more or less nicely answered back that "France has a tradition in CBA (sir !)" (which I do not really feel concerned with, I play piano and want to be able to play tunes on both instruments easily.. ^^')

On the Serenellini website we can see the map of countries distributing their products: 15 countries in Europe but not France ! 😳 Argh ! (I wonder why by the way)

Attachments

• Serenellini distributors.png
    Serenellini distributors.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 10
I am also considering this..
But Lyon -> Castelfidardo is a 9h (+ breaks (I need a lot)) drive.. Also I am not sure there would be the models I am targetting, so, yeah, I was trying to avoid such a trip, but it is indeed an option I have ^^'
Nine hours (plus breaks) is about my limit...
If you are not in a great hurry the very best way to find out which accordion you want (and possibly order it too) is to visit the Frankfurter Musikmesse, which is in March. That's where my wife and I went (twice) and it was a very nice experience (it's a very busy venue though).

If you are not in a great hurry the very best way to find out which accordion you want (and possibly order it too) is to visit the Frankfurter Musikmesse, which is in March. That's where my wife and I went (twice) and it was a very nice experience (it's a very busy venue though).
Looked like a great event, but it appears it's gone. https://www.gearnews.com/musikmesse-frankfurt-cancelled/

that is devastating news

it was a dirty little secret that Consumers finding ways to get passes and
"sneaking" into NAMM and the MESSE made up a significant and important
part of these shows

but the B2B segment would complain and moan and groan publicly
while enjoying the prestige of amazing Musicians showing up and
putting their displays on center stage so to speak
with their impromptu live performances

they did try.. one year they invited TECHNO to show relevant equipment and
techniques and MESSE even occasionally had a specific consumer day after the B2B concluded

oh well.. many things i have more or less counted on all my life have
disappeared or are fast going the way of the Dinosaur

Very sad to hear the Muikmesse did not survive the Covid-closings. It's hard to find a similar venue where you can compare many accordions. There are always some at the World Music Festival in Innsbruck which is normally once every 3 years, always on the Ascension day weekend, (next one in 2025) but small outfits (like Serenellini) are unlikely to be present there.

Noted the misspelling of Serenelli to Serenellini which i think might be a Chinese name copy. I just looked into this mabey I am wrong as I always thought Serenelli was the correct spelling.
Godgi

Serenellini is a fine Italian accordion and a different brand to Serenelli.

Here's an Australian accordion champion playing one:

Here's a world champion playing one:

These guys show it's a serious professional piano accordion. I like the Imperator model, I have tried a few. They are quite lovely.

serenelli was an American private label importer from the 40's through the 60's,
and apparently there was also (re:Debra research) a serenelli brand in Italy as well
but they were not associated with each other, as the USA importer sourced from
assorted factories ultimately settling in with Settimo S. through to the Scandalli period

i never saw the name misused by the Chinese,but who knows

Serenellini is the correct spelling for the modern brand and factory
in Loreto (next door and down the hill from CastleFidardo)
and who are not associated in any way with the old serenelli (s) accordions

Thank you all for your contributions !
Sad to hear about Musikmesse not being continued. :cry:
In France, l have heard about a luthier (and traditional music) festival at "Satin Chartier" (moved to "Chateau d'Ars" since 2009) but after having had a look on the luthiers list, it is mostly violins, flutes, hurdy-gurdys, nyckelharpas, etc.. and the few accordions makers are diatonic accordions.. :rolleyes:

about being on a hurry, the thing is I am afraid that prices would rise considerably in the upcoming months (already started..), the french seller I contacted about the Pigini Wing Superieur Cherrywood told me there was already a 5% increase for the upcoming series..
5.44% of 6.928 € is already 375 €... 😭

Back