• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New Member in San Antonio, TX, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Philatelius!

You should join the San Antonio Accordion club they are a very progressive active accordion club with regular meetings ,and news letters , top guest accordionists perform on club nights , a very pro active club , the president of the club is Laura Niland ..............
They are always doing accordion focused activities .....and have a lot of fun and are very friendly and welcoming .
You will certainly learn a lot and make many friends .

best regards ...........Giovanni

Hello! I'm a new forum member in the San Antonio, Texas, area.

I picked up a PA for the first time in late 2020 so I'm still pretty new to the instrument, but have been enjoying browsing the forum threads here.
Welcome, it's always nice to hear that someone has taken up the accordion. On the weekend I played at a birthday party with about 70 in attendance and got a very good reception. The nice thing about the PA is that it's an instrument that everyone knows however it's relatively rare to hear it played live. Enjoy the adventure.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

@Giovanni - I'm in touch by email with the San Antonio club's president. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop by one of their meetings if such things don't start getting shut down again due to COVID-19.

Well done ....... you will enjoy being a member of the club

What a great area to live in. San Antonio has a pretty active accordion scene and with New Braunfels (45min drive) and Praha (90min drive) being so relatively close, you have a great source of many accordion related events with a European slant too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back