• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

My new tradfolk channel…Andy Cutting and more

CC_PDX

Site Supporter
Reaction score
After avoiding the inevitable, I’ve finally split off a spanking new YouTube channel to house just my Tradfolk recordings (as opposed to all the non-traditional things I post on my main channel). It will be a mix of Irish, English, French, Flemish, Scottish, Breton, Québécois, Scandinavian, Occitan and misc. Balfolk as well as some originals.

These are the first of many to come. I have a backlog of things already recorded, but slowly editing them down to post.

Very nice playing, and very nice instrument. As I recall, your Serafini Darwin 2 is configured as a C-system CBA, rather than as a diatonic melodeon.

Correct! Coming up on 11 months with this amazing little box and we are inseparable at this point. I’m gigging about 15 hours this coming week on it. I would never have guessed that it would edge out the Castagnari for nearly everything.

I have had a similar experience with my melodeon-sized Atelier Loffet CBA, which I have been playing for 24+ months now. Like you, I also have a Castagnari Magica, but no longer use it as much. I try to extol the advantages of the small CBA as much as possible, but I know it is not for everyone. It really depends on what type of music you play. They are great for many traditional styles, the type of music more commonly played on a diatonic.

Back