• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

You Tube channel recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Cruikshanks plays superb Scottish trad accordion, very much in a traditional style and he has just put out a new batch of videos on his channel Melodeonman52, which has not had anything new for four years.

Meanwhile Marco of Bymarcofisarmoniche has been randomly publishing and removing episodes from the next season of his tv programme, which sort of spoils the mystique of a regular weekly broadcast but still, nice to know it will be carrying on.

I guess i have deleted my YouTube videos several times lol.
Reason being, im never quite happy with them. Too fussy probably, i like to give my best possible.
Ones in there just now are staying, andi hope to record some more shortly
Thanks all
Daniel

The NAAC is a great project, which I think deserves more support (or at least more views on youtube). Unfortunately the sound quality of the first interviews hasnt been that great, but they are still very worth watching and it is getting better with each new video.

BTW: hello everybody, this is my first post here. And no, I am not from North America :D

Knobby said

The only accordion one I am subscribed to is Accordions South West. I enjoy a lot of the foreign tunes he plays.

This is the only one that I listen to regularly but I am not a subscriber. A general question: I would like to know what are the advantages of being a subscriber to a Youtube channel?

Being a subscriber supports the person posting the video (accordionist need all the support they can get) and their videos pop up to the top when they have new stuff.

Being a subscriber supports the person posting the video

I still dont see how. Monetary? Do you pay something? Is this why its called subscribing? I cant even find the information on Youtube itself.

wirralaccordion post_id=56262 time=1521411950 user_id=2229 said:
Being a subscriber supports the person posting the video

I still dont see how. Monetary? Do you pay something? Is this why its called subscribing? I cant even find the information on Youtube itself.
You can opt for monetization (paid ads on your content) only if you have at least 1000 subscribers.

Moneterisation is now not an issue with posters having merely thousands of followers. That’s simply not enough any more. The rules have changed recently and I can be pretty sure that nothing accordion related can be moneterised on YouTube.

On the other hand, subscribing gives you a heads up when new videos are available and YouTube does its “intelligent” linking to other similar videos so you can get some interesting stuff suggested to you that you might not have seen otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back