• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Must see video

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me be that stupidity is an international affliction. Good job the animals weren't hungry.

hais1273 post_id=59157 time=1526193018 user_id=1042 said:
It seems to me be that stupidity is an international affliction. Good job the animals werent hungry.
Ive seen a photograph of a cute little blue-ringed octopus held on a tourist hand, and there were several comments by Australians that the guy was lucky that the octopus apparently was in a nice mood.

No counterpoison is available, and thered not be time for it anyway.

Saw a lady in Gibraltar feeding the baboons (actually Barbary macaques) with some nuts out of a small packet she carried in her rucksack. Somebody told her to stop feeding them so she did, and put the packet back into the rucksack.

Next thing was a baboon knocked her off balance, wrenched the rucksack off her, found the packet of nuts, and threw the rucksack containing her camera, passport, and other personal effects over the side of the rock into oblivion. She escaped with minor bites and scratches.

There are signs with letters a foot high in various different languges telling people not to feed the baboons. I wonder why they bother putting them up, as I saw countless other people feeding them. A man with a babe in arms even went up to one and shook hands with it.

It's obvious that the baboons are well used to interacting with humans despite the signs. I therefore suggested to one of the staff that they should put a sign up telling the baboons not to throw rucksacks off the side of the rock, and see if it would have the same effect on them as the ones they put up for humans. The look I got was priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back