• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Musician between Chicago and Milwaukee looking to put together Hot Club/Manouche/Swing duo/trio/x-tet

Reaction score
Hello accordionists!

Fellow musician here (jazz guitar) looking to start or join up with accordionist to play 1930s/1940s jazz (hot club/manouche/swing). Started playing guitar in 1983 but only 1 year of learning this style. This style is completely different from pop/rock and I had to completely change my right hand technique for accompaniment and solos. I feel like I am ready to start putting my technique to the test. In this style, 1 accordion and 1 guitar could be great. Where should I repost this to find a local player who might be interested?

Good luck to you Bobby! Maybe try Milwaukee Accordion Club. Might be someone who knows someone who plays that style. Maybe Romagnoli Accordions in Chicago. I don't play that style and unfortunately live in the Door but hope things go well for your group.

Back