• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Missing accordion part pieces for practice or performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Can you buy backing tapes with music to which you could play alongside with your accordion? The simplest example would be of rythmn backing ( drums ) As most accordion CDs are of groups ( although it is not usually stated so on the covers ) it would not be unreasonable to expect that you could have recordings made and then the accordion taken out so that what's left is used for practice purposes or even for performances.
They might be used at music schools for all I know. In fact, I know they are for the more common musical instruments, piano, violin, etc.

On facebook there is this one guy that makes a LOT of backing tracks for accordionists. As a matter of fact, he was pushing his "stuff" so much that he was banned from several accordion clubs... so to answer your question... yes, and a short search on some accordion-based facebook pages will help you find this guy... his ads were everywhere. :)

I have been using Band in a Box for backing tracks. I just type the chords into the program and pick the appropriate style. It works well for practicing. I haven't really sat down and figured out everything that it can do.
If you are interested in jazz standards, there is a series that Jamey Aebersold publishes. There are over 100 books with CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back