• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Midwestern Hayride

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trailhand

Hello All,

I have finally found footage of my Great Grandfather (Randy Dirks) on WLW Midwestern Hayride. The Imperial Chicago ToneMaster he is playing, is the accordion I play today. This was filmed on October 5, 1955. The second video is the finale to the show. For those of you who are not familiar with the Midwestern hayride, here is a link to give you some information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_Hayride

Yee ha: the first one is proper foot tapping stuff, the second one is a sheer frenzy! I hope he got an extra musician's union fee for doubling on accordion and piano in consecutive bars, that's hard work! Wonderful to find this link to your family history and pretty interesting for the rest of us I think.

Brilliant. It must be a great feeling (maybe spooky too) to see a long gone relative on film like that.

Must be a great honor to play the same accordion, thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back