• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

MIDI retrofit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in fitting midi to an already existing accordion?
In fact, does anyone have experience with "non Roland" midified accordions at all?

Hi Glenn; I do midi installations in my shop starting at 1100.00 USD. What accordion make and model are you considering for modification? JIM D.

It was just an idea to see what that might cost for my Marinucci.
Sounds like a retrofit will cost twice the value of that accordion.
When I bought my Burini I looked at the price list and the MIDI kit was about 1000 euros even from the factory.

Midi retrofits are becoming less and less popular because of the used V-Accordions that are now showing up for sale. The price of a basic midi kit installed, an expander and the pedals and wires needed to use the system can easily cost over 2000.00 USD . Well for 2000.00 you can find a used Roland FR-3 or FR-3b and have the midi,expander and accordion all in one package and still have your old accordion for backup. JIM D.

I have a Weltmeister 72 bass Achat with BlueMidi installed for about £800 through Thomanns in Germany. The only problem is all the instructions are in German. The advantage is you still have the reeds for the natural acoustic sound. I read the new Roland FR8 have made improvements to the stiff bellows and electronic sound though I have not yet heard one. They cost about £4,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back