• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

MIDI Bass Keyboard Master MB96

haweneu

Reaction score
Hi all,
i bought an old MIDI Bass Keyboard with 96 Basskeys.

With reverse engineering I found the MIDI and Power connection and it works!

Can anyone help me with a usermanual with information about MIDI usage? For example can i program different MIDI Channels for bass and accord?

I found that it sends only on MIDI channel 1!

best regards
Werner from Germany

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    453.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2842.jpeg
    IMG_2842.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 9
A unit like this is likely only going to use 1 or 2 channels at most. something like CH1 for the bass and CH2 for the chords. If you google it and cannot find any manuals (like I tried), chances are good that it's not going to be easy to find much info on this.

A unit like this is likely only going to use 1 or 2 channels at most. something like CH1 for the bass and CH2 for the chords. If you google it and cannot find any manuals (like I tried), chances are good that it's not going to be easy to find much info on this.
Hi,
yes I know! Normaly Basskeys send at one MIDI Channel and accord keys at an other channel.
I will check it with MIDI OX Software on my WIDOWS PC.

I found nothing with Google.

best regards
Werner

I think it would be this page: http://www.mastermidi.co/chromatic-midi-keyboards.html . It's the company your keyboard is from and I would expect it to keep to the same scheme. That would mean chords in channel 2 and basses in channel 3. Note that MIDI channels are numbered 1–16 while the channel code in the MIDI events is numbered 0x0 to 0xf so just maybe what is properly MIDI channel 2 has been called channel 1 by you.

If not, Master changed their numbering scheme. While I don't see any online documentation, you could use the contact info to ask about more information and/or user manual. I've been successful with old hardware of a variety of different kinds and manufacturers. Sometimes the info is still there and you get through to someone who values customer service for old devices.

Hi,
yes I know! Normaly Basskeys send at one MIDI Channel and accord keys at an other channel.
I will check it with MIDI OX Software on my WIDOWS PC.

I found nothing with Google.

best regards
Werner
It’s a good thing that you still have access to MIDI-OX. I switched to Mac a few years ago and there’s nothing as convenient or feature-laden for Mac as MIDI-OX.

It’s a good thing that you still have access to MIDI-OX. I switched to Mac a few years ago and there’s nothing as convenient or feature-laden for Mac as MIDI-OX.
Hi,
here a link to an MAC Programm for Show MIDI Data.

best regards
Werner

Back