• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Microphone systems from accordioncentre.com?

Rosie C

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had a microphone system fitted by the Accordion Centre and could give me and feedback? They're in Birminham (UK), a couple of hours drive from me, and their prices seem pretty good. From my first phone conversation today they fit their own custom system - 3 microphones in the treble side, 1 or 2 in the bass. There's a DIN style connector with a multi-way cable from the accordion to an external unit which mixes the signal. But I'm expecting another call tomorrow to get some more detail.

thanks!

a din connector and external dedicated mixer sounds like
an unnecessary complication to me

all your friends can just plug their built in mic's to a Wireless
if they don't want to trip over a cable on stage when they
move around

so why shouldn't you be able to dance with your accordion too ?

These are thoughts I had too. On the plus side, their price is very competitive. But I would miss not having a guitar-style jack that I can plug a wireless 'dongle' into.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had a microphone system fitted by the Accordion Centre and could give me and feedback? They're in Birminham (UK), a couple of hours drive from me, and their prices seem pretty good. From my first phone conversation today they fit their own custom system - 3 microphones in the treble side, 1 or 2 in the bass. There's a DIN style connector with a multi-way cable from the accordion to an external unit which mixes the signal. But I'm expecting another call tomorrow to get some more detail.

thanks!
Their website is most unhelpful in finding out what microphone system they have...
But 3 microphones in the treble side is certainly not enough for a full-size accordion to have an evenly spread pickup over the entire length of the keyboard.

Rob at Birmingham Centre really nice guy, been playing years and has the knowledge to make a good system work....I imagine the external mixer is a simple attenuator to control mix between bass and treble ...there are widi systems that are inexpensive and can be used alongside to make wireless....

Rob at Birmingham Centre really nice guy, been playing years and has the knowledge to make a good system work....I imagine the external mixer is a simple attenuator to control mix between bass and treble ...there are widi systems that are inexpensive and can be used alongside to make wireless....
Yes I agree Rob the owner is very good and you can rely on him for good service and advice....

Back