• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for freelance classical free-bass players for an opera project

Gareth Glyn

Reaction score
I'm a composer, and I'm considering including a free-bass accordion as one of the five instruments of the ensemble for the opera I'm presently working on (my third; this time a chamber opera with a cast of five singers). It will be based in Wales and tour towards the end of this year. I can of course provide further details (rehearsal dates and location, tour dates etc.), but first I need to find a suitable (and available) player! It goes without saying that we'd be looking for a session player with excellent reading skills and experience of playing in a mixed ensemble under a conductor. Any suggestions would be welcome. Gareth

A man on the ynys Mon.
Welcome from the other side of the globe, but originally from Trefdreath, Sir Penfro. :)

Back