• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for a deeper bass?

Foot pedals aside, that's a very unique instrument he has in his hands. The right hand looks like a Frosini-style 3-row CBA... the left hand... um... never seen anything quite like that.

What is so cool about this foot bass is it’s portability, way smaller than an upright bass, piano or a tuba and is acoustic. I have always thought if a new musical instrument ever needed inventing it needs to be on the bass end of the spectrum. With my hearing why add more high end sounds that can’t be heard? How big would an accordion be, and have this bass sound? Just 12+ keys? Maybe it wouldn’t fit all genres of music? What needs to be invented is an “In-Flate-a-Bass” one step above a jug bass!🎶

And there is this:

here with melodica and keyboard here but could be used with an accordion, trumpet, whatever.
I love listening to this guy.

JKJ

Foot pedals aside, that's a very unique instrument he has in his hands. The right hand looks like a Frosini-style 3-row CBA... the left hand... um... never seen anything quite like that.
It's a variant of "harmonia polska trzyrzędowa" with twin melodic manuals. Basically, a B-system CBA built around modified PA keys used for both sides. There is also a variant with foot pedals instad of a normal bellows.

Back