• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Life is good!

JKJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
So nice - my local accordion mentor/teacher is also an expert piano tuner.
He visited a few days ago and tuned my Baldwin - joy is a fresh tuning!

0.jpg

My newest project is designing a foot-powered test bellows. I'll post photos as the design stabilizes and the construction starts. (I have a small machine shop which should help.) He wants to teach me a bit about accordion repair. So far I've made a few mechanical adjustments and want to experiment with touching up a few reeds, replacing some misbehaving leathers and such. And learn the ins-and-outs of waxing.

JKJ

Lovely! There's nothing quite like a real piano. This was my Broadwood - it's now at a local music school where it's getting good use by children with much more talent than I ever had!

I too would like to learn a bit about accordion repair - I need to get my 1930s Settimio Soprani playable, and that will start with a few hundred leathers! But more pressing, I need to add make and a microphone system to my modern Weltmeister.

But my musical life is good! I played bass guitar in a 7-piece band in church for Easter service yesterday, I'll be singing at our local folk club next Monday, I find my skills at mandocello and accordion improving week by week. Summer is on the way, we've had a few sunny days and it makes all the difference after months of Welsh rain!

Attachments

• broadwood - 1.jpeg
    broadwood - 1.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
It is a shame you are not closer, i have a foot powered bellows table someone bestowed on me.

It is a shame you are not closer, i have a foot powered bellows table someone bestowed on me.

Someone closer to you may be interested.

I’m designing, not a table, but a board I can clamp to the top edge of a workbench in my shop. The foot pedal will be on the floor connected to the bottom of the bellows by an adjustable rod so the thing can be moved to a different spot if necessary.

The under-table bellows part is loosely based on the hand-operated one my accordion tech/mentor built and has been using for ages. He gave me the spare bellows and helping define the adjustable features for the work surface. I keep a good inventory of brass, aluminum, steel, HDPE, hardwoods, leather and hardware and love building things from ‘scratch’!

Back