• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Learning tunes: using videos with sheet music guidelines

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

There are lots of online videos for musicians who want to learn new tunes. Arrangers make their own sheet music and use it for didactic purposes.
These videos can be a help when you are looking for sheet music support for a particular fragment or chord.

The pause button can be used to notate some melody fragments. The green bar indicating the exact location in the score is of great help.

Eg the Lambada
Lambada (LLorando Se Fue) - Kaoma, Los Kjarkas, Piano

Anyone who knows if these kind of video tutorials exist for accordion tunes?

It depends what you mean by "accordion tunes". Do you mean tunes written for the accordion? There are quite a lot of tunes on www.arrigotomasi.com but most of the tunes are not "accordion tunes" insofar as they are not tunes written initially for accordion. However, they have been "arranged" for accordion.
IMHO the subscription is excellent value.

Thanks for this info, I just had a look at your Sous le ciel de Paris (Under Paris Skies) video.
It also uses a moving bar to show the location in the sheet music, top !

Do you also have any videos with André Verchuren tunes and sheet music? Or other French songs, eg by Yves Montand, Piaf, ...

If you know a video with the sheet music for "Marie la Française" by Edith Piaf, I'd like to play this tune on my accordion:

This example is very useful. The tune is "La Foule" E. Piaf, music composed by Angel Cabral
You don't need a subscription to watch this kind of videos.

The moving bar, the chord symbols are added. You have all the info you need to play the tune:

La Foule (Que nadie sepa mi sufrir)

I thought I'd have a go at this one as I think it's tailor made for accordion and it's on Arrigo Tomasi's on line collection. I don't do the jazz improvisations. I have set this to my celeste registration which is tuned at 0, +4 cents, i.e. swing. A few mistakes but hey ho. Sorry about the 90 deg shift - I don't know why it turned out this way around and I clearly haven't mastered vimeo.

Ooops - I said I hadn't mastered vimeo - here is the correct link

I thought I'd have a go at this one as I think it's tailor made for accordion and it's on Arrigo Tomasi's on line collection. I don't do the jazz improvisations. I have set this to my celeste registration which is tuned at 0, +4 cents, i.e. swing. A few mistakes but hey ho. Sorry about the 90 deg shift - I don't know why it turned out this way around and I clearly haven't mastered vimeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back