• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

La Noyée • A Piece by Yann Tiersen

Great rendition. I also especially love that Beltuna and how its reeds are visible. :)
I think what you see there are just the pallets moving, not the reeds. The grille of most accordions is removable. I have noticed that some newer accordions have grilles which are more transparent so that you can see some of the the movement even with the grille in place. While I do not have any specific reason for feeling this way, I must admit that I would personally not feel comfortable playing without the grille in place.

I think what you see there are just the pallets moving, not the reeds. The grille of most accordions is removable. I have noticed that some newer accordions have grilles which are more transparent so that you can see some of the the movement even with the grille in place. While I do not have any specific reason for feeling this way, I must admit that I would personally not feel comfortable playing without the grille in place.
Yes! I meant to say pallets, not the actual reed parts. I suppose that's what I get for typing at 2 A.M. in the morning.

I cant say I've noticed the transparent grilles outside the rare Sonola or Vignoni, which is too bad because its a nifty feature to have. Not so nifty to where I'm ready to remove my own grille though!

Back