• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

la cumparsita -

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

:) can anyone point me in the direction of (not overly complex) sheet music for this :?:

If it isnt in the key of d is that a deal breaker?
Seems I have a couple of arrangements at home but I cannot remember what key they are in right now.

I recorded the more complex (but still not too hard) version at:

PM me if interested.
Ben

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125>BTW, you might be looking for LC in g minor, which begins with the D dominant 7th chord. I have only a rather advanced version. I played it in 04 and its on my first CD. I havent really played it through since then. I am sure there is something more accessible out there. Is there an arrangement in the PH books?
Good luck!

There is one in the palmer hughes, but it isn't what I would consider easy. (or pretty)
It is in book 7.

The ones that I am thinking of are from the "everybody's favorite" series. It seemed to me there was one in the easier book and one in the harder. I just cannot remember what key they are in.
Ben

smdc66 said:
:) can anyone point me in the direction of (not overly complex) sheet music for this :?:

Are you sure that you mean the key of D? That would make the first chord F sharp 7, because La Cumparsita is in a minor key, and the relative minor to D is B min, blah blah blah..

The standard key is Bb which would make the first note a D, with a D7 chord. Ive got a full and complex version in Bb but without any chord symbols, any good to you?

BobM.

If you give me your email i can help you gladly. Give me a bit of time. Thats a good example:

BobM said:
Are you sure that you mean the key of D? That would make the first chord F sharp 7, because La Cumparsita is in a minor key, and the relative minor to D is B min, blah blah blah..

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>If he means D minor, that would make the first chord an A7.

BobM said:
The standard key is Bb which would make the first note a D, with a D7 chord. Ive got a full and complex version in Bb but without any chord symbols, any good to you?

BobM.

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Standard key is (I believe) G minor, which is the relative minor to Bb; first note D, with a D7 chord.

thanks a bunch and hope i havent got key wrong :oops: its just i thought my friend who plays it from memory said was in d key

this was after learning bits from watching him play - this is a slow process and thought the music would help a bit even though i am not confident with reading music as we only meet up every few weeks for an hour or so

maybe if i try and remember the sharps and flats and chords i hit it will help

chords c min , d maj , g min , possibly d seventh and / or g seventh

notes c sharp , d sharp , f sharp

fjsys said:
I recorded the more complex (but still not too hard) version at:
Ben

thanks for sharing - this does in the main sound like the version i am trying to recreate :D - other than the bit towards middle/end tho it might be havent got round to this bit yet

Two excellent sources for partitions are:
1.- http://www.google.com looking for la cumparsita, partition on images. Here you will find different versions.
2.- http://www.partitions-accordeon.com/ On this site there almost 25,000 partitions, most of them for accordion. An excelent site to obtain accordion partitions

i'm confused as to what key i am learning this in :? :oops:

chords c min , d maj , g min , d seventh are the chords i use

does this ring a bell with anyone as to what key this may be in?:

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125>G minor. Good luck!

G minor. Good luck![/size][/font][/quote]

I should have listened to you all along :) ;)

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Here is a sample of me playing La Cumparsita a while (about 11years) ago. You will hear an intro and the beginning of the tune.

pp44 said:
Two excellent sources for partitions are:
1.- http://www.google.com looking for la cumparsita, partition on images. Here you will find different versions.
2.- http://www.partitions-accordeon.com/ On this site there almost 25,000 partitions, most of them for accordion. An excelent site to obtain accordion partitions

looking on google images seems a bit fiddly to find the right one, first few ive found are in 2/4 or seem to be for wind instruments but in different keys to what i want

not checked out partitions again yet though notice you need to subscribe on this site but unsure how much ( 1st 5 days free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back