• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Juka Bass System on eBay

Reaction score
Just found this on eBay... I really want to get it because I suspect they're very uncommon and the system sounds fascinating, but it looks like it's got woodworm, and it's about £10 more than I'd want to spend on it. The Juka system seems to have been invented by a Mr. Theodor Schmidt, and it apparently allows all chords to be played using just 14 buttons and a lever (in place of the air button on this box). There's really not much information on the internet at all, but the patents for Schmidt's inventions are on Google Patents. Have a look!

Indeed, quite interesting.
At this price I'm tempted to buy it, rip out the mechs and burn the rest before the new generation of worms hatch.

I am tempted just to see the mech... the reed block are probably swiss cheese though, so playability will be close to zero. Sad.

Those woodworm are such picky eaters, they love a bit of timber - they'll eat it till the cows come home... but will they touch their celluloid? Will they ever!! Their mother's told them time and again, "you'll never grow into big strong critters if you don't eat your celluloid". But will they listen? Pah! It's like talking to the wall...​

Last edited:
Back