• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

i've just won an accordion that's gotten broken in the post what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

i won a 111 bass serenelli accordion and got it today when opening it all but 2 rows the buttons fall into the box. when pressing some of them they come out but only some of them the rest of them stay stuck in the accordion and feel as though there aren't any springs in it.

I plan to talk to te seller but is there anything I can do to get it fixed?

Hey accorsian
I feel for you and your accordion. Bass repairs are finicky, sometimes just a slight push will make all the button realign with the holes, and they will pop up, but it could also be a tedious and hard repairjob.

The advice I can give you is to report the damage to the postservice as quickly as possible, because if it happends to be insured, they could require it to be registered (not sure if right word to use) soon after the delivery

I'm still myself fighting an insurance claim, where the situation is similar.

Best of luck to you! Hope it turns out well.

Regards,
Mityr

Accordian
Do not get upset, this happens when an accordion is transported wrong way up
The first thing I would do is turn it so the bass buttons are hanging down , support it, can be quite awkward, then tap the bass strap end several times quite sharply if this reveals more buttons then try and coax them down by tapping individual buttons on their side, then tap the end again.
If you have no joy with this, you need to remove the bass strap and board beneath it, study the mechanism and familiarise yourself with it by reading the appropriate section of "accordion revival"
Then get back to the forum
Good luck, this is what makes accordions interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You say you've just "won" an accordion. If you bought it off E-bay and paid by Paypal, you may find you are covered for damage in transit, non delivery etc. If so and you can't fix it you need to make a claim to E-bay which can result in a refund.

Accordian,

Is this the same 111 Bass accordion which a friend of yours was giving you for nothing? You told us that this friend was leaving the country, and had offered to give you his instrument free of charge. Now you tell us that you have "won" it. Which is it????

You appear to have a morbid compulsion to ask questions without giving any accurate information on which to base an answer. This is also very apparent in the Teaching & Learning section, which you appear to have made your own.

I truly hope that all your questions are answered, though I strongly suspect that members have grown tired of answering them.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Hawkins post_id=51422 time=1508101158 user_id=1440 said:
Accordian,

You appear to have a morbid compulsion to ask questions without giving any accurate information on which to base an answer. This is also very apparent in the Teaching & Learning section, which you appear to have made your own.

I truly hope that all your questions are answered, though I strongly suspect that members have grown tired of answering them.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

And when someone kindly spends time trying to help you, Accordian, it is polite to respond with ,at least , a thank you or some comment about the usefulness of the advice give.
Geoff.

Geoff,

You are quite right, this man gives zero feedback, even when members have bent over backwards to help him.

He does not appear to understand that this is a community, and seems to have no desire to participate in the life of the community.

I think that most members have now weighed him up, as responses to his endless questions have almost dried up.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Accordian,

You have "won" this accordion.............. A friend has given you this accordion "for nothing" ........... And then you mention the "seller" of this accordion.

What do you think members of this forum will make of your anomalous claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back