• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

I've had an epiphany....

Status
Not open for further replies.

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whilst driving this morning it suddenly dawned on me, among my favorite accordionists are Toos Endlich, Alexandra Paris, Alice Hall, Domi Emorine, Kathy Travers and i could also mention Yvette Horner, Karen Tweed, Helen Rich, Adrianna Pearl Fawcett.... The the that binds.... They are all women..
Unusual as the music industry is so often male dominated...
Not that it really matters but an observation all the same...
Ideas.. Is it girls like hugging things while guys like pointing things at people (guitars come to mind but guess i could add horns too)

Your fortunate to have the ability to determine the sex of the performer's ability. I've never been able to determine the sex of
a performer just by listening and not seeing the performance.

"I've had an epiphany...."​

Losthobos,
Sorry, just can't resist the old joke: "Hush!
Everyone will want one!"?

Your fortunate to have the ability to determine the sex of the performer's ability. I've never been able to determine the sex of
a performer just by listening and not seeing the performance.
Who was the jazz trumpeter who claimed that he could tell whether a player was Caucasian or African-American with a blind listening test?

Who was the jazz trumpeter who claimed that he could tell whether a player was Caucasian or African-American with a blind listening test?
And while he was at it could he tell if ot was Louis Armstrong or Valiada Snow ?

Better looking for sure. I don't know whether she still plays.... And I'm sorry, I don't know if your question is real or in the light of this thread. In any case, it seems to me that at their level, the concept of "better" is difficult, more of which you like better. Other people here may have different opinions.

They are / were both better than me.

Last edited:
No, she passed years ago and my question is both, real and in the light of this thread. In my opinion she was a better player (and she looked better too)...but I asked a serious question to know other's opinions.

Thanks for the clarification, Art. I can't say, others may have an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back