• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Installing an external bass strap adjuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivigus

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an externally mounted bass strap adjuster for my 48-bass Hohner Concerto and was wondering if anyone had done something similar and been happy with the result. The original strap isn't a bad fit for my hand, but I'd like to replace it with something with a bit more padding, and it would be nice to be able to adjust it if needed. I'm assuming the part with the wheel should go on the top when the accordion is in playing position. My concerns are that there isn't a lot of room on the top edge of the accordion for mounting it and I don't know if it would stick out a lot past the edge or be awkward. Also not sure if I would be able to cover up the holes from the original mounting with the new hardware. Attached a picture of one I was looking at. Trying to ascertain if this is a good idea or a foolish notion...

Attachments

• external bass strap mount.jpg
    external bass strap mount.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 6
Unsure How your current starp operates, but it may be easier to equip the present strap with a suitably padded sleeve that does the trick ?
I do remember someone describing how they fitted an accordion without an adjustable bass strap with a two piece strap adjustable by means of Velcro.
Here's a post:
Here's a thread on the topic:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to see if I can find something that will adjust without having to change the hardware and drill new holes in my little accordion. I think a melodeon strap would fit it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back