• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

I'm not Charles Atlas!!

Javthedog

Reaction score
I started playing a Paolo Soprani 120 bass CBA last March and am happy with it. I would however be open to something that didn't weigh as much. Any one have any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I started playing a Paolo Soprani 120 bass CBA last March and am happy with it. I would however be open to something that didn't weigh as much. Any one have any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks in advance.
:ROFLMAO:
Yeah - I was proactively thinking same direction and did act.
Had a Hohner Morino VS - a perfekt buddy, nothing to complain about - except it's a bit a on the heavy-weight side (14.5kg).
I still could have handled her a few years more but thought myself: what if I'm getting older and the instrument starts to burden me?
Started looking around and finally downgraded 3.5kg.
And the good thing is: quality and sound wise the light-weight is NOT AT ALL a downgrade nor a compromise.

As I'm not a CBA-player and don't know the weight of your instrument I'm not in the position to give a recommendation.
Just wanted to share my own thinking and experience.

Back