• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

identification make model or year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

porky01

Hi everyone,
I need your help could any one tell me the make model year of this Accordion from the information I have I was told its from around 1945.
This Accordion has been past down in the family and was owned by a polish POW/ RAF Fighter pilot .
So if any one can help I would be most greatful.
Thank you
David.

Attachments

• DSC04388.JPG
    DSC04388.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 631
More important is if it has a direct and significant association such as going through a battle or the war. If so , it should be in a museum along with all documentation of it`s history. The value is much more in it`s history than the accordion itself.
It looks a bit earlier than 1945 to me .

It's a gorgeous piece from the late 30's.
If it has a family or friend history , by all means keep it.
After 90+ years old it will need rebuilding to playable condition.
A personal decision to make.

First and foremost I thank the forum management team for letting me post this request, I also thank the people that have given me there time in answering my question.

Yes it will go to the correct place, the museum in Poland has all the peoples history and there are streets named after the people concerned, next is to get the polish righting on the webbing checked .

So thank you every one for your help.

Regards
David.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back