• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

I don’t like those ( chord progressions )

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Moving on from “I don’t like that” I have to say that there are some pieces specifically written for piano accordion where the chord progressions are, for want of a better description, “strange”. It’s not that they are particularly difficult to play, just that they sound weird. Or maybe I just don’t understand them?

Anyway, here are just three examples but there are many more.
Domino by Ferrari– second section ) A, Em, A7, D, DA7, A7, D )
Reine de Musette by Peyronnin – last section before final repeat ( Em, G#m, D, Bm,E7, A7, D )
Mi Lord sung by Edith Pfaf– whole of second section in D minor

Have you come across any chord sequences within music written specifically for piano accordion that when you play them to the music it sounds like you’re not playing them correctly?

wirralaccordion post_id=63417 time=1539112098 user_id=2229 said:
Reine de Musette by Peyronnin – last section before final repeat ( Em, G#m, D, Bm,E7, A7, D )

Does it improve if the second chord is G#dim, instead of G#m? Not that I have ever tried to play the tune, I just find that in the available arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back