• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hotel find .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen such a thing! Love the shoes, though. You be stylin' !

Nope @Dingo40 she declined my offer, was given to hotel by friend of hers... Hotel is sort of 1930s museum so full of lovely pieces...
I've since checked out on @dunlustin s advice and is a "toy" saxophone built using melodica technology... If it had the bell still would be worth sbout £1500...I'd have bought for amusement but not really in playable condition... Glad i met it though...and landlady loved that i was first person to ever get some sort of melody out of it...
If i get sent any pics of my accordion gig here I'll post.... Walpole Hotel, Margate

Last edited:
Yep.... The essential thing I've learned over time is the public tend to listen mostly with their EYES.. .. ?
Presentation is everything. You're well turned out and it only enhanced your performance. The only way that you might improve would be to collaborate with an attractive vocalist for the full package. ?

Yep.... The essential thing I've learned over time is the public tend to listen mostly with their EYES.. .. ?
It's true. We stress so much about a flawless presentation when smiling and keeping the rhythm going are so much more important. A good thing to incorporate to reduce stress and have more fun.

I knew a great entertainer who was a great vocalist and could play some chords on the accordion by ear. He was surrounded by a great foursome who really laid the musical foundation for his performance. One time at a party he asked me to play a few songs along with his band and asked me if I knew this particular song. I said yes, what key do you play it in? He had no idea what I meant but he had superb rhythm and timing which was the key to his success.

The other thing about Joe was that he wouldn't play more than three dozen songs but they were popular at that moment and he played with feeling. He wasn't as handsome as Terry but also dressed to impress. ?

It's true. We stress so much about a flawless presentation when smiling and keeping the rhythm going are so much more important. A good thing to incorporate to reduce stress and have more fun.
okay I get this, but..

..last weekend I was doing sound for a band that wasn't stressing at all over their 'performance' which cost them half the crowd after the break. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
My opinion is if I'm playing a solo gig is that i am nothing more than aural wallpaper...
No one wants to sit in a stark white hospital / prison ward setting chatting with their friends.... And neither do they want to be distracted by an overwhelming array of fine art paintings.... Soft wallpaper is therefore conducive to their comfort and they'll sit happily enjoying friends company for longer and frequenting the bar more often...
It's our job to provide this aural wallpaper / ambience wether they applaud every song ending or not is irrelevant... I'm quite happy if people don't even notice I'm there until I'm packing away and they then realise the place suddenly seems cold and empty...
Hope that makes sense... Look sharp.. Play cool... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back