• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hohner vivaldi circa 1980s free base victoria made

Status
Not open for further replies.

godgi

Reaction score
Bought one second hand recently. C system. Beautiful sonority but I appear to have some foibles with the base section.
Just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the instrument or has one similar as they were made in non free base also.
John in Dublin

Last edited:
The often used table of Hohner models (and years of production) does not list the Vivaldi model.
I never heard of any Hohner made by Victoria, but I'm not saying that it's impossible. Hohner had instruments made by different (Italian) accordion makers and still does.

i've seen a Hohner/Victoria in Phileas Rogue videos:

He hides the hohner logo with tape.
He also recorded a CD with that Hohner/Victoria called "Accordéon Liturgique" and it's amazing.
It looks exactly like my teacher's Victoria, but the Hohner has white and black buttons in the RH

I don't know it that's the Circa model, but it's the only Victoria made Hohner i know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111_023959.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111_023959.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210111_024357.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111_024357.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

He also recorded a CD with that Hohner/Victoria called "Accordéon Liturgique" and it's amazing.
It looks exactly like my teacher's Victoria, but the Hohner has white and black buttons in the RH

I don't know it that's the Circa model, but it's the only Victoria made Hohner i know.
Thanks for that! I'm learning more and more about the accordion world every day!

Thanks for the great info its not the exact one as mine has french registers x 10 selections behind but internally it could be similar.
John ill send photo1610368509238.png

Elke in Victoria does not think it was made by them but waiting more info.

perhaps you could tell us why you think it is a Victoria in the first place ¿? or why you think it is a Hohner ¿? does it say anything on it besides "vivaldi"

yep! mine is similar only I have a free base option two additional switches on the top of the base section not illustrated.
I think that seller mentioned it was a Victoria production. As he reworked a few over the years.
I have also read a Bugari or perhaps a Excelsior. Cagnoni reeds piccolo and bassoon in cassoto.
Thanks for your help.
All appears good I was just wanting some historical perspective as it is important to me. Like knowing its probity as it were.
John

Last edited:

Hi Sebastian,

This CD sounds fascinating. Do you have a link to it or even a list of what he plays?

Cheers, Ben

I did a search on leboncin in France where there are more than 500 Hohner accordions.
There is a lower tier one for sale with similarities.
The owner says made by Piermaria.
Godgi

Thanks Sebastian and Paul for the link. The pieces don't wow me except The Ruined Cathedral which is quite something, Must have a look for the score. Thanks again!

Thanks Sebastian and Paul for the link. The pieces don't wow me except The Ruined Cathedral which is quite something, Must have a look for the score. Thanks again!
Look for "Die Zertrummerte Kathedrale" by Václav Trojan. You will have more luck than searching for The Ruined Cathedral...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back