• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hohner Trutone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Ellis

Reaction score
Ottawa Valley and Hamilton Ontario Canada
I picked one of these up last week on Kijiji from a barn on some property that recently changed hands.  Is it a Canadian only model?

I can't find anything on it, but there is one for sale in Quebec right now...
It appears to be a Verdi II M or maybe a III M

I guess I'll be spending the $30 US to find out what it was when it came from the factory!

Has anyone seen these?  Were they a special deal or something??

Attachments

• A black TruTone from Marketplace.jpg
    A black TruTone from Marketplace.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
Could be a Verdi III M (not a II because the II is a 37/96 and the III is 41/120). But Hohner made many models that looked (and even sounded) alike.

debra said:
Could be a Verdi III M (not a II because the II is a 37/96 and the III is 41/120). But Hohner made many models that looked (and even sounded) alike.

Thanks Paul, a Verdi III M I saw on YouTube had a palm master switch which mine doesn't have, so I wasn't sure about it being a III M.  The Trutones have gold coloured grills, the III M's seem to have silver coloured grills.

Greg Ellis pid=72508 dateline=1591029129 said:
debra pid=72490 dateline=1590995778 said:

Thanks Paul, a Verdi III M I saw on YouTube had a palm master switch which mine doesnt have, so I wasnt sure about it being a III M.  The Trutones have gold coloured grills, the III Ms seem to have silver coloured grills.

Hohner made several 41/120, 3 voice, non-cassotto accordions with different names and some different features, like palm switch or not and gold or silver grills and different colors for register switches... I understand that you want to know what you have exactly, but in terms of playing properties and quality it does not really matter.

A very belated thanks Paul! I still haven't sent in for the Hohner build date info, will do so later in the year when I have some spare $$!
Considering the value of such an old accordion, any money spent on it is better spent on maintenance than on asking Hohner for more info about it...

The register switches are the same as my 1959 Hohner Lucia (1956-1961 model).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back