• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner Atlantic lV Bellows release button

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnniez

HI all

Having a time of it trying to get into the corner where the Bellows release button is... It does not move.. Sort of jammed. Thus allowing the bellows to suck air big time.. I am pretty handy so no problem to fix it just have to 'get to it'' lol. Looking in the treble side it looks like frame etc is aluminum or facsimile. Under the bass strap feels like metal of some kind .or fiber glass maybe.

How do I separate the bellows from the Bass side. I don't see anyway in there other than removing the bass section. There are no pins anywhere.

This also has a bar along the edge of the keyboard to kick in the master register. Also a master in the middle of the 11 registers.

Any ideas??

Tnx
Johnnie

Couple of photos. Its in awesome shape.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 593
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 590
Unscrew the four feet and the 'cover' lifts off. No tools needed.
You also mention the palm Master switch - Is there a problem with this?

Garth

HI Garth and thanks

Yes I will try that..

Master bar on edge of keyboard works fine.

I was wondering what that slide thing is just above the treble registers in the second photo... It slides left and right and moves a good inch and half or better. Never saw that before. something moves behind the grill..

thanks again

Johnnie

My apologies Johnnie. The slide lever you are talking about operates a sordina (mute) which is a roller blind under the grille.
Garth

Well I took it all apart..

hmm...... The bellows gasket is 'dust' as you can see in pics..

Reeds etc look not too bad..

The Bass mechanism is all oxidized.. any tips on how to clean it??
was thinking of spraying and hitting it all with an air hose to get rid of it all.. That lots of binding going on..

A few other things.. Not sure of the pads . They look not bad.. Under neath of pad is 'green'

So here are some pics of the 'Infamous' Hohner Atlantic lV deluxe.. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 562
Here are more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 558
here is most of the reed blocs

I am wondering what to use for the gasket where the bellows connect.. Any idea what to use.. I was thinking for the self stick foam that we use for sealing doors or windows.. What you think? whats better?

Any ideas from you pros out there. This is my first attempt at investigating an accordion... I think this box is worth saving.. How about you guys??

Tnx
Johnnie

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 556
HI.. Sorry this is getting long.

After reading a bunch of stuff on here about this accordion I saw quite a few folks never saw a 'blind' on the treble side so here is a couple of pics and also the reed blockx on the treble side.

Just above the Master register you can see a silver flat thing. That moves side to side to move the blind up and down. That would work nie in my kitchen if was bigger. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 551
The proper bellows gasket you need can be found on ebay or PM me and I can send you some.

JIM D. said:
The proper bellows gasket you need can be found on ebay or PM me and I can send you some.

PM sent !! tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back