• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help sorting out the reeds for my registers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

byudzai

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I know most of these, but Im stuck on a few.  Can you help me out?

Violin:  M1 and M2#
Clarinet: M1
Organ: LH
Bassoon: L
Accordion: LM1M2#  (?)
Melodion:  ?
Oboe: M1H (?)
Piccolo: H
Master: LM1M2#H

nNHRutKjNl61IMf9SAcgh2tD2wzjo7vIDutsTc=w1920-h1080.jpg

byudzai:
It would appear your accordion is double octave tuning, from the information you've given.   ie.  LMMH
Often when you remove the treble grille you can see the tone coupler mechanism and work out from
there what each coupler is doing. By pulling the treble key palettes/valves slightly to the side you
might be able to see the coupler slides opening and closing.

byudzai pid=72104 dateline=1589604322 said:
Hi guys,

I think I know most of these, but Im stuck on a few.  Can you help me out?

Violin:  M1 and M2#
Clarinet: M1
Organ: LH
Bassoon: L
Accordion: LM1M2#  (?)
Melodion:  ?
Oboe: M1H (?)
Piccolo: H
Master: LM1M2#H

nNHRutKjNl61IMf9SAcgh2tD2wzjo7vIDutsTc=w1920-h1080.jpg

If this accordion is indeed LMMH then I believe you got all of them right. The remaining question mark melodion is LM1. WIth 9 registers (including palm switch) you cannot have all combinations. It seems you do not have an LM1H register.

Great thank you guys!

Is there a method to the madness of how these are laid out? I can make up some order -- Musettes on top, M1 combos second row, H combos 3rd row, and then single L and H bottom row. But is there some other scheme going on I can't discern?

Glad you worked it out. So the combination you are missing is L-M1-H. You cannot have everything in an LMMH instrument with only 9 registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back