• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help - Musitech-Q and a Roland BK7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHeaven

Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of a a new Beltuna Alpstar that has a Musictech-q-Select external box. The accordion plugs into it with a cable that looks more like a TV connector. I was told i would been an expander to produce a sound from the Musictech so I bought a secOnd hand Roland BK7 backing unit.. now I'm confused...

I don't understand how to program the Musictech box - and even I need to do so given that I have the Rroland bk7. 

Sadly there'a no Youtube showing how it all hangs together... can any kind soul enlighten me? Rob H

How about some pics of the accordion and it's plugs and wires? I'd also highly recommend getting the user manual from Beltuna/Musictech so that you could at least map out what MIDI channels the following maps out to:
- Right hand
- Any Right hand MIDI orchestrations
- Left Bass
- Left Chords

Without this as some basic info it's about as hard to drive as a car without keys... possible, but you are going to need to start tearing things apart. ;)

Whilst doubtlessly fascinating and rewarding for the persistent and determined, it would seem venturing into the realm of the electronic is not for the faint hearted and diffident, like myself! :-/

Obviously, not a case of just " plug in and go!" :p

I can report that I have got the rig to work! Its a case of ignore the Musitek box - just plug the accordion into it and then plug the musitek box by midi cable to the Roland BK7 arranger. - the Roland handles it all and there's no need to do anything at all to the musitek box - despite the lights and numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back