• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help identifying accordian

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DewCono

I acquired this accordian that a friends family found in storage. Im just looking to find some info on the year and model of It if at all possible.

I am as far from an expert as you can get, but that looks to be of Italian origin (C. Fidardo likely stands for Castelfidardo, which is for all intents and purposes accordion heaven in Italy, but company of manufacture looks to be Farfisa). I would hazard a guess as 1930-1940s.

Value somewhere between $0 and $450 if in fair-good condition, slightly more if professionally restored.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1367463_vintage-c-fidardo-accordion
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/756426_c-fidardo-professional-accordion-as-is
http://www.auctionwally.com/whats-it-worth-appraisal-for-fidardo-accordion-html/

Others here with way more knowledge and experience are hopefully going to add to my 1.5 cents. :)

Thanks for your input. It's in fairly decent condition and makes a noise i can only describe as what i imagine an accordian would sound like in person. If anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the reply that you have though as i have at least an idea as to what it is.

Would there be a nameplate or serial number on it somewhere by chance? I don't want to disassemble it to attempt to find something like that.

DewCono said:
Would there be a nameplate or serial number on it somewhere by chance? I dont want to disassemble it to attempt to find something like that.
Not usually on the inside.
Its earlier than 1940s - late 20s early 30s. Im sorry to say Jerrys being kind (or optimistic) with his higher estimate.. You should maybe get someone who knows what theyre doing to try it, because if it needs work youll be lucky to get anything more than take-away dinner for it...IMO.

Soulsaver said:
Im sorry to say Jerrys being kind (or optimistic) with his higher estimate..
Well, I am still learning and it seems my research was lacking some... but Im trying! :)
It is a good point to mention that they get it looked at in person by someone knowledgeable, but I do know that in general, there arent many old accordions that are worth anything above the intrinsic value of preserving an old piece of history.

How much would it cost to get looked at by a professional and where would i go to do so in the ny nj pa area?

His user name here is "JIM D.", feel free to shoot him a private message, I am pretty sure he would be able to help. :)

DewCono said:
How much would it cost to get looked at by a professional and where would i go to do so in the ny nj pa area?

You can make a start - take the top pins out and take some pics of the innerds and post them up. You can do this, its not difficult, just 2 at the front & 2/3 at the back. Keep the pins in order so you put them back in the same holes (push them into numbered painters tape) and avoid touching & marking the body with your pincers/pliers. Push the keys side away from the bellows. And be careful not to knock anything. Get some pics of both sides insides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back