• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from Washington, England

Hi again Valski!

I used to have Samsung phones and a tablet, but got really fed up with them when the system updates and support stopped far too soon. I know they need to sell more products to flourish, but sometimes the re-buy time is just too fast for my liking.

The backing module sounds interesting, does it need a PC to run it? Probably my course of action will be sets developed by others, I think maybe Roland have some older ones. I want to spend my take re-learning the accordion and making sweet music rather than get into software development.

It's so great to be able get advice from other menbers of the community. 😀

The Bk7m does not require a computer to run however you will need some sort of amplification since it doesn't have in built speakers. You may want to use your PC for some functions but it's not absolutely a requirement for basic functions.

Thanks for the information Valski. I just came across Lucio76's brilliant website which I'm finding really useful.

On Wednesday 10 January I placed an order with gear4music.com for a brand new Roland FR-8X Piano Accordion, extended the guarantee for 10 years and a case for a 120 button PA. The money went quickly enough, the item was removed from their website and I settled down re-organising my music while waiting for delivery on Wednesday 24 January.

By Friday the 12th I could no longer get into my gear4music account. I followed all the steps suggested, eventually clicking on the 'Reset Password' which promised I would receive an email containing a link to reset my account. The email didn't arrive and I suspected system error, so tried again, and again, and again ad infinitum all through the weekend and on Monday tried again many times just in case no one had been in to troubleshoot problems like mine.

On Tuesday the 16th morning I telephoned and after a lengthy wait my call was answered and I was able to explain the problem. My details were taken and he quickly found my account and order and said he'd call for an update. I was becoming concerned, any decent large multi-shop international organisation surely has a system capable of providing important information to all centres, the assumption was based on nothing.

He came back and told me that delivery was delayed to the end of the month, okay these things can happen. He consulted someone else and returned to tell me my order would be delayed 2 months and I asked him to recheck. When he returned he tried to convince me that delivering my accordion from Germany would be impossible because they'd have to do something illegal and they weren't prepared to do and they would have to cancel my order adding there isn't even an FR-8X available. I was flabbergasted but had no option other than to accept the situation, but to say I'm suspicious would be an understatement! They've had my money for more than a week and am hoping they'll be to true to their word and actually make a full refund.

I've ordered a FR-8x from another supplier that seems to be a proper music store and it will be arriving tomorrow the 17th, it is already with a carrier and on its way to me. I'm writing this after concluding that gear4music.com is just a box shifter and in my book not a very good one! Another reason is to record what happened, just in case, and for this post to act as a cautionary tale for members. Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting.

the Germany excuse is interesting:

Gear4music Limited
Registered address: Holgate Park Drive, York, United Kingdom, YO26 4GN
UK company number 03113256
VAT number 552 0332 82
Gear4music (Holdings) plc is listed on AIM, part of the London Stock Exchange.
Click here to visit our Investor Website.

Gear4music also owns & operates AV.com.

the other interesting thing was them offering a 10 year warranty

i cannot imagine anyone with a clue about Roland Accordions taking such
a risk unless the underwriter had no intention of being in business one second
longer than the first claim

best of luck with the second order

Don't be taken in by the AIM listing on London stock exchange .
They are very high risk shares. And many of the firm's fail very quickly
.demand your Money back Asap
No one in their right mind would give a ten year warranty....on a Roland keyboard etc.
Act quickly do not accept any excuses,.............

Get your money back !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Giovanni, I plan on ringing in the morning to check whether the refund has been initiated.

I'm writing this after concluding that gear4music.com is just a box shifter and in my book not a very good one! Another reason is to record what happened, just in case, and for this post to act as a cautionary tale for members.
That's a shame, I've always had good experience with gear4music, pretty massive store on the York Ring Road. There used to be a great music tech shop in Edinburgh off the High Street called Sound Control that would have sold electric keyboard accordions etc. but I guess no longer there.
It brought back memories reading your mention of Rae MacIntosh music at the West End. I spent a lot of my schoolboy pocket money there!

What a relief! Today my daily look for the promised refund from gear4music.com revealed that they had refunded the full amount to me. Their behaviour had made me suspicious but the refund showed they aren't crooks, just imho a bit uninformed and incompetent!

Thanks to everyone that participated in this thread 😀

What a relief! Today my daily look for the promised refund from gear4music.com revealed that they had refunded the full amount to me. Their behaviour had made me suspicious but the refund showed they aren't crooks, just imho a bit uninformed and incompetent!

Thanks to everyone that participated in this thread 😀
Hi Rodney ...so pleased you have got the refund .....it would have been a great worry to anyone in the same situation ....

Back