• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from the town of Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

inkyadrian

Ta for the add, admins.
Hello all,
I've just bought a Bachenbülach, 111 bass, CBA. I've tried a few PAs but I think my CBA is much better for fingering and trad Irish, Scots and Northumberland folk tunes. I'm hoping to meet other accordionists in and around the NW of England to learn and play some tunes. The tunes I want to learn to play are already in my head, as I play and judge the Northumberland small-pipes.
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

Welcome to the forum.

Depending on which part of Bolton you come from, I am about 8 or 10 miles to your North West.

It is a pity you weren't on here a bit earlier, as you missed a Jon Brindley concert yesterday. If you didn't already know it, Wigan has a vibrant "Folk" scene. We have regular gigs at the "Old Courts", which are either free or very modestly priced, and more Folk Clubs than you can shake a stick at. (Northumberland Pipes are always welcome)

I respectfully suggest that you keep an eye on the "Events" section, as I will post details of upcoming events there.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Adrian
Good to see you here (aside from talking via Ebay!)
This is a great forum, hope you'll enjoy visiting and contributing.
Good luck with the new box.
Cheers
Tom

Ta Stephen.
Hello Tom (again),
I'm settling down with the Bachenbulach. Trouble is, looking on eBay for CBAs and melodeons, has become somewhat addictive.
Ta
Adrian

Stephen,
do you go to the Leyland accordion club?
Adrian

inkyadrian post_id=51768 time=1508771894 user_id=2577 said:
Stephen,
do you go to the Leyland accordion club?
Adrian
Hi Adrian Welcome. Do you (go to the Leyland accordion club)?

Hello Soulsaver,
aye, been once and going again, I believe on Wednesday.
Adrian

Must have been OK then? I used to live in the area but wasn't actively playing then. It's a bit far (50+ miles)to travel unless I'm in the area any way which hasn't fallen convenient yet.

I get the newsletter from Leyland accordion club & always it asks members to greet newcomers & make them welcome; the club regularly has a table with sheet music for anyone to take away for free.

I would definitely patronise them too if I lived in the vicinity.

Happy girl post_id=52022 time=1509383706 user_id=322 said:
I get the newsletter from Leyland accordion club & always it asks members to greet newcomers & make them welcome; the club regularly has a table with sheet music for anyone to take away for free.

I would defiantly patronise them too if I lived in the vicinity.
Hey, I could do with a table for sheet music... lol

Have you tried Ikea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian wrote:' Hey, I could do with a table for sheet music... lol'

You turned the tables with that remark Adrian! That quick thinking Lancashire humour is priceless & very refreshing.

Bring it on; you should do well on this forum.

So sorry Ed..... That's what you get by getting up at silly clock!!!

Happy girl post_id=52103 time=1509551010 user_id=322 said:
So sorry Ed..... Thats what you get by getting up at silly clock!!!
Huh, know the feeling... :)

Glenn post_id=52027 time=1509404047 user_id=61 said:
Have you tried Ikea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did but I got caught... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back