• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from Sunny Birmingham UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulstrach

Reaction score
Hi my much ill treated fellow accordionists.

I have been playing in Brum for the last 55 years was taught by Mary Lucas and over the years have played 100s of gigs. I bought a Roland v3, four years ago.
I have mixed emotions about it, the biggest disappointment are the speakers and instruction book (so complex ) Another problem is playing my acoustic accordion it takes a good couple of hours to get used to the bellows and keys (position, spacing, of the bass but that is my weakness not the Roland). Overall I am glad I bought it as it opened up opportunities to play in rock bands etc.

Can anyone tell me, can the Roland be hooked up to cordless headphones, without the need of a midi system, if so how, Is there a simplified set of instructions for using the Roland

Welcome Paul! I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure there are people here who can....

Welcome
If this helps - I've used a wireless connection to an amp with a FR1X but is it the same technology - transmitter in the Out jack socket?

Hello Paul, welcome to the forum. I see you are in the Birmingham Area I remember many years ago being a member of the Club accord .The man running it really helped to organise accordion festivals etc .He brought many top accordionist to appear at his festival's at Caister on sea in Norfolk..... There are a lot of accordion players ..in Birmingham I'm sure you must know Rob of Birmingham Accordion Centre , it's worth asking him tel 0121 753 3709 131 , Midland Street Birmingham B94DE Good luck in your search for information Giovanni

Hello Paul, welcome to the forum. I see you are in the Birmingham Area I remember many years ago being a member of the Club accord .The man running it really helped to organise accordion festivals etc .He brought many top accordionist to appear at his festival's at Caister on sea in Norfolk..... There are a lot of accordion players ..in Birmingham I'm sure you must know Rob of Birmingham Accordion Centre , it's worth asking him tel 0121 753 3709 131 , Midland Street Birmingham B94DE Good luck in your search for information Giovanni
yes i know him and its a good idea i will go and see him thanks

Cordless headphones usually work on bluetooth. This involves some latency (the interval between the initiation of the note and its sounding at the other end). I have an electronic melodeon. During its construction the maker experimented at my request with the inclusion of a bluetooth module for silent wireless practice (it includes a Jack plug output). He said he couldn’t get the latency below 200 msecs. Which sounds not very much, but clearly too much for fluent playing. I suggest you experiment with one of the numerous electric guitar wireless connections, these have latency down to just a couple of milliseconds. Boss do a set of wireless headphones to link up with their own internal sound processing/amplification, but they’re a bit pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back