• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello Everyone, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bjenkins12

Hello everybody, I am a musician and am starting to learn the accordion. Its something Ive always wanted to play (I play guitar,mandolin,banjo,harmonica,uke,a bit of piano) anyway I picked up this accordion in a charity shop for £10 which I thought was pretty good! Ive been trying to research it and cannot find the brand anywhere at all which I think is quite odd. It just says Emilio on it, nothing else. Heres a few pics. Anybody here heard of this make? :)

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfish...sc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

(link to pics)

right that link didn't work, I'll try uploading them on another site as I don't know how to post pics on here easily!

The name on this is from a former owner. A typical 1930's Italian 12 bass made for instruction by a beginner student.

Simmilar accordions where made by Hess from Klingenthal (Germany).

>cFRcsLh.jpg

£10!!!! Does it actually play? 'cause that would be a fantastic bargain. Down here, the charity shops completely overprice the rare accordions that come their way.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. That's really cool to know. So this thing is from the 30s? Didn't realise it was that old. Yeah it does actually play and it sounds pretty good! How much would this sort of thing be worth? I thought I'd got a bargain :)

:tup: Yep!! A bargain :tup:

Excuse me for straying off topic, but Sarah, do you know how much that yellow accordion is worth? I just bought one just like it and can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back