• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Headphones for Roland FR-3X

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobellboy

Just wondering if any old headphones can be used with the fr-3x or should they be of a particular spec.

Bob

In theory any wil l work.
Get ones that fit you and feel comfortable as you may wear them for extended periods.
I have a half-decent pair from Bose costing around 80 euro. They are light and comfortable. I use an L shaped plug into the Roland so that it doesn't stick out too far with less chance of breaking if I am clumsy with my accordion.

Yes , most any will work. You don`t have to break the bank either . I bought a new Audio-Technica ATH-M20 for under $40 and the sound is phenominal.
I`ll also agree with the use of an L shaped plug.

Yes of course any make and or style of stereo headphones will work with all makes of "V" accordions.
It's really up to the individual to whether go for inexpensive ear buds or studio quality headphones. And as for using an "L" or 90 degree shaped plug, yes VERY IMPORTANT as I'll explain.
All the models of "v" accordions have 3 female 1/4" jacks on the bottom of the treble side. All 3 will work for headphones but the headphone input silences the on board speakers. The other 2 will separate bass and treble or, when only 1 is used, it will combine treble and bass to a mono output. Now all 3 of these female input jacks are attached to an "internal sound board". These input jacks are not the same replaceable type used on newer amps and musical instruments, as if you break 1, you break the sound board, and it will have to be replaced, as they are not designed to be repairable. For this reason I recommend every "V" accordion owner to plug in with "L" shaped plugs and use the bottom bellows strap to hold the plug and cord securely. As most of us know no matter how careful we my be "manure happens" and it's better to be safe than sorry.
:tup:

My L - shaped plug is a 1/4" that had a short curly length of chord and a mini female socket on the end. This I plug into the Roland before I put the instrument on. I find it easier to feel for this short chord and plug my earphones in. If the earphones get pulled somehow it separates at the end of short chord and no tugging on the accordion.

Hi
I bought the Roland RH300 Headphones.
I have other high quality headphones but the Roland ones seem to need very little volume from the accordion to produce a big sound. Well built and very comfortable to wear for prolonged periods. The sound In my view is first rate from the 45mm driver. I guess they are a bit expensive but as the saying goes "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten"
Hope this helps.

Jibberin said:
Hi
I bought the Roland RH300 Headphones.
I have other high quality headphones but the Roland ones seem to need very little volume from the accordion to produce a big sound. Well built and very comfortable to wear for prolonged periods. The sound In my view is first rate from the 45mm driver. I guess they are a bit expensive but as the saying goes quality is remembered long after price is forgotten
Hope this helps.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back