• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Handmade mini metal accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers

Reaction score
This is the first time I've posted a photo on the forum. And it is somewhat accordion related. Thought showing a gift I received back in the 1980s would be fun for folk to see.

I had played some accordion duets with a close friend's Dad, who worked in a tool and metals shop. Since we had enjoyed making music together, he gifted me with an accordion, which he forged out of tiny pieces of metal and plastic. The plastic components are the RH keys and bellows. I thought he did an amazingly good job. As you may guess, it is a valued keepsake to me. Sure sign of music enjoyment and friendship.

Since it is an old fabrication, it shows the handling it's had over the years. Still looks good at around age in upper thirties! For size reference, it's shown next to a dime. Only to enjoy. Thanks for looking.

mini.metal.accordion.DSCN3682.JPG

Hi Embers,

Your friend's father is a talented man, and his gift is a true labour of love.

An old friend of mine often played a little 8 bass accordion, mainly constructed from tin plate. This instrument had the appearance of a battered and slightly rusty old biscuit tin, but he could knock out a quite decent tune on it.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

I have seen some mass-produced little accordion badges and pendants, but I've never seen one as beautiful as that! The craftsmanship shows. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back