• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Greetings from Southend-on-Sea, on the Thames Estuary (about 40 miles from London).

manfredovich

Reaction score
Just signing in to say Hello! I’m here to soak up everything that I can learn and share a few things along the way. I’m new to playing the accordion and after a shaky start on a vintage Russian B griff with chronic bronchitis and missing reeds I’ve just got myself a Roland fr-1xb. I’m absolutely loving this small digital accordion and hope this confession won’t get me immediately banned from the forum… 😉

Just signing in to say Hello! I’m here to soak up everything that I can learn and share a few things along the way. I’m new to playing the accordion and after a shaky start on a vintage Russian B griff with chronic bronchitis and missing reeds I’ve just got myself a Roland fr-1xb. I’m absolutely loving this small digital accordion and hope this confession won’t get me immediately banned from the forum… 😉
It does not matter what you play big or small instruments !! The important thing is that you PLAY !!!!!!!! and Enjoy your MUSIC !!

Welcome Manfredo! Many people here love their digital, no problem! It appears that you got the really small one…..
Thanks Tom! Yes it's really compact (with an astounding range of voices), I'm just getting used to the best seated playing position as it's too low down resting on the left knee...
I'm sure you'll have fun with your Roland. I love my FR-4X. I know Southend well, I grew up in Westcliff.
Thanks Neighbour!

Welcome to you!

You're in the right place. Thanks for joining.

"A holiday in August
Outside a bed and breakfast
In sunny Southend."

One could devise a kicky little accordion arrangement of this old Kinks tune. Just think of how grand that base run would sound!

Back