• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Galotta lightweight accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ1942

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello to you all. Is the Galotta lightweight 72 bass accordion , advertised as in good condition, worth testing and maybe buying? CJ

Isn't Galotta one of the old east german (or other east european) brands? I think I came across an older Galotta once. My recollection is that a Gallotta "in good condition" is still a pretty poor accordion (whereas one not in good condition is then absolute rubbish)...
But I could be mistaken as some brands with a bad reputation have become better (Weltmeister for instance), and in that case you mostly have to check that this particular accordion is not an old one.

Yes it is easy German but no age available in the ad. It has been offered on approval with only return shipment to pay unless it's faulty.

Yes it is easy German but no age available in the ad. It has been offered on approval with only return shipment to pay unless it's faulty.
It's not just a matter of "faulty". These old east-european accordions are simply not really good accordions, even when "not faulty".

If this one is pre 1960 it ranks as one of the worst accordion models ever made with poor quality materials & construction.
Faulty even when new, a piece of junk at any price. After 1960 the models are really not much better.

I remember Galotta only from the E Germany days when they were not well-thought of.
That said, for the price of a stamp or two and if you're just starting out - well....
Can you get a second opinion?

In the late 70's to present Golatta's have been made by Weltmiester and the quality & materials should be relatively similar.

Well you were all right I tried the Galotta 72 on approval but on the two clarinet dots setting the lower note also came through and this happened on approx 8 notes. So back it has gone. C.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back