• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Galliano leaving Victoria's accordions?!

Pinu

Reaction score
In the past weeks, I saw Maxim's (Settimio Soprani, ...) publishing a new serie of accordions signed by Galliano. What is it happening? Galliano leaving Victoria's or just some side money from marketing?

In the past weeks, I saw Maxim's (Settimio Soprani, ...) publishing a new serie of accordions signed by Galliano. What is it happening? Galliano leaving Victoria's or just some side money from marketing?
Richard Galliano has given "advice" to several companies making things he uses, resulting in a Galliano-named and/or signed item. There is a Galliano version of the accordina (with better tone bending) and a Galliano version of the Harmonik microphone system (using phantom power and XLR connectors). I don't see Galliano moving away from his legendary Victoria accordion (with quint-convertor) any time soon.

Max has always cultivated friendships with legendary people in the Accordion world,
to a great extent because he is one of our biggest FANS
and then because he is always thinking up new ways to shine a light on
the great names (classic brands as well as classic People)
and of course he is trying to make a living too

his affection for Marcosigniori was a big part of the direction he has pursued
since his beginnings as the World Wholesaler, as well as local retail and installation
arm of MASTER Midi MASTER sound in CastleFi

his varied attempts over the decades at bringing back some of these
had limited success but were a nice blast from the past
(like his collaboration with RancoAntonio) which enjoyed modest success

i guess the biggest difference i can give you between Max and all the others,
is that so many of our legends had their personal favorite accordions, yet were
willing at the drop of a hat and and envelope full of cash to suddenly
promote something like the FR7 (you know who i am talking about... and he
hated the instrument but gladly took the money and pretended) or to apparently
switch brands in Advertizing worldwide (but continue to perform on their personal
actual preferred brand and model in real life)

some went even further and would feed misinformation and lies to the press
and by word of mouth to try and make people BELIEVE that a great Box Man
like Art was only pretending about his platoon of AC cordions

but Max scrapes along and survives mostly with Passion and grand Dreams
and every extra Lira/Euro of his own he can afford to invest into the crafting of modern
Classics like his Settimo (so well finished and every detail perfect like gallery quality works of Art ?)
and Sonola models

i assure you the current result and grand dream with Mr. Galliano came about over
a leisurely lunch of Pesche and Wine down by the Sea and ideas thrown back and forth
and dreams imagined and now, with any luck, realised.

and you never know, the Victoria works may end up being in the mix, as they have
to source the accordions somewhere and lets face it, every day there are fewer and fewer
places to have (bare bones) an accordion line built for you to finish and market.

so we will see how it plays out.. one thing for sure some Accordionsts will benefit
from what Max and Richard are attempting long into the future

ciao

Ventura

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
I don't see Galliano moving away from his legendary Victoria accordion (with quint-convertor) any time soon.

I think Paul has distilled this matter into the single sentence above.

I say good luck to Maxim and Mr. Galliano's venture. It is brilliant that there are still innovations in the accordion. However, it will take more than a signed accordion or Galliano name on the grill to create a truly special sounding instrument. It will take the finest materials and the greatest craftsmanship to come close to the vintage Victoria. It might be good, I hope it is. But this is the benchmark:

Last edited:
Back