• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR-8X: How Do I Transfer Registers Between Banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have installed Richard Noel's User Program Banks into my FR-8X. They certainly add a new dimension to the quality of sound produced by the FR-8X. Of any accessory addition to the FR-8X, his 32 program banks are a must in my opinion. The increase in performance is remarkable for the money spent.

I want to create a Bank of my own (say Bank 40) that has 14 registrations that come from different registrations in the various Richard Noel Banks. Is it possible to do some sort of "direct copy" of the Saxophone in Bank 10, Register 12 into my new Bank 40 Register 14? I could go into Bank 10, Register 12 for Saxophone with the Editor and duplicate all the settings and put them into my Bank 40 Register 14. My concern is, that I will miss some detail in the duplication such as a tricky bellows, expression setting or something else that may be critical to the sound of what is in Bank 10 Register 12 for the original Saxophone sound.

John M.

There is not one way, but 2 ways... first via the internal menu system and what I think is the easier and more intuitive "write" a user program using the editor. You can select a UPG and copy it to a specific user bank and number (register).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back