• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR-1X bellows and midi keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBOT65

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a Roland FR-1X. I want to use it with my Yamaha PSR s775. It works well with voices and styles, but how do I make the bellows control the keyboard voices via midi so I get the full accordion effect? I’ve turned on the midi for bellows on my accordion but how do I configure the keyboard? I asked in the PSR forum but nobody knows.
Thanks
John
Denmark

Hello John,

Please try these settings (from the factory defaults):

Bellows Expression TX All (bEA): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX TREBLE (bE1): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX BASS/CHORD/FREE BASS (bE2): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX ORCHESTRA/ORGAN (bE3): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX ORCHESTRA BASS (bE4): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX ORCHESTRA CHORD (bE5): Off -> On
Bellows Expression TX ORCHESTRA FREE BASS (bE6): Off -> On
Velocity TX (uEL): On -> 127
Bellows TX Resolution (brE): 2 -> 1

Also, you may want to change these:

Orchestra/Organ TX/RX Channel (orC): 4 -> 1
Orchestra Bass TX/RX Channel (obS): 5 -> 2
Orchestra Chord TX/RX Channel (oCh): 6 -> 3
Orchestra Free Bass TX/RX Channel (oFb): 7 -> 2

Thanks for your reply. It worked though I think I prefer the sounds that came with the accordion. The psr ones sound a bit squeaky. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

I prefer the sounds that came with the accordion. The psr ones sound a bit squeaky.
Then connect the audio output of the FR-1X to the audio input of the Yamaha PSR s775, and silence the bass of the accordion by holding down a bass register a few seconds.

You will hear the treble from the FR-1X, and the accompaniment from the Yamaha PSR s775.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back