• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Fergie

Fergie was already on his way up in 1959 when he was resident band at The Highlanders Institute in Glasgow, when I had started at marine engineering college. It seemed like half of the west coast highlanders were at the 'Institute' on a saturday night. He is superseded by his son John who is also an outstanding player.

Very sad news indeed. Just one day off his 87th birthday too. Fergie had a unique button box style- definitely West Highland but there was an Irish influence there somewhere too. Fantastic for ceilidh dancing to. He wrote some great tunes (and songs too).

Attachments

• fergie macdonald.jpeg
    fergie macdonald.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6
Sad news indeed.
I can thoroughly recommend his book, a great read.
He led a colourful and interesting life.

Attachments

• Fergie.jpg
    Fergie.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 2
Sorry to hear about Fergie. He looks really happy. I guess that’s what a life of playing accordion will do.