• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

February Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK folks, as mentioned in a previous post, let's have a little playing competition (nothing too serious). To enter, post a reply to this thread containing your Youtube performance. You will then be added to the list at the top of this thread. You can enter as many times as you like, but only one performance per post please.

To vote, simply click the "like" button on the posts containing the performance you'd like to vote for. The "likes" will be totalled up and added to the persons avatar at the top of this thread. Most "votes" by the end of February wins (y)

(i) You can add your performances throughout the month, although the earlier you get them in the more chance you have of people voting for you.
(ii) You can enter as many times as you like.
(iii) You can vote for as many performances as you like.
(iv) You can't vote for yourself.
(v) Your performances don't have to be new for this contest - you could add something you've already posted in the "I did that" section of the forum

Remember, it's just for fun and the winner will get a virtual ? in their profile.

Good Luck!

PS - Please only add your performance posts to this thread, and not comment posts. You can make comments in your performance post but plain comment posts still appear under the "Media Contest" section at the top of the thread. People can then vote for your comment, which is a bit daft! I didn't realise this would happen - sorry!

Last edited:
I enjoyed Eric Stern's rendition of Purple Haze as I was a Jimi Hendrix fan in my younger days. I also enjoyed his different varieties of music that can be played on the accordion. However, Polka music didn't get a mention so I felt obligated to fill the gap with a Frankie Yankovic tune "Just Because" polka. It did better on you tube than I expected.

Well, that's a pretty tough act to follow! In fact, they all are, there is a lot of talent on this forum. I'm joining the contest anyway, since George has demonstrated that polkas are legit! Here's "I Told the Sun," originally in Italian "Ho Detto al Sole." I used a condenser mic, finally, (Samsun Go Mic) and it is better than the phone mic. ?? Hope you like it!

Admin may delete my post if it does not qualify in the competition. The clip comes from a test we did last spring where we made a recording to make a 78rpm disc. Unfortunately, there was a noise from the tape recorder so the recording was discarded. Instead, I made a small teaser video where I added 78rpm crackles and some black and white movie clips for fun.

Last edited:
OK folks, as mentioned in a previous post, let's have a little playing competition (nothing too serious). To enter, post a reply to this thread containing your Youtube performance. You will then be added to the list at the top of this thread. You can enter as many times as you like, but only one performance per post please.

To vote, simply click the "like" button on the posts containing the performance you'd like to vote for. The "likes" will be totalled up and added to the persons avatar at the top of this thread. Most "votes" by the end of February wins (y)

(i) You can add your performances throughout the month, although the earlier you get them in the more chance you have of people voting for you.
(ii) You can enter as many times as you like.
(iii) You can vote for as many performances as you like.
(iv) You can't vote for yourself.
(v) Your performances don't have to be new for this contest - you could add something you've already posted in the "I did that" section of the forum

Remember, it's just for fun and the winner will get a virtual ? in their profile.

Good Luck!

PS - Please only add your performance posts to this thread, and not comment posts. You can make comments in your performance post but plain comment posts still appear under the "Media Contest" section at the top of the thread. People can then vote for your comment, which is a bit daft! I didn't realise this would happen - sorry!
My entry for the contest: a simple Valse Brillante called Luci ed Ombre (Lights and Shadows)

My entry for the contest: a simple Valse Brillante called Luci ed Ombre (Lights and Shadows)

Great Ed. I've heard this tune on the following web site here in the UK where the salesman uses it to demonstrate his many accordions. It's the first 20 secs or so of a 1 minute blast designed to impress. I think I much prefer your version. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back