• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

February 2022 Contest

Well played EMan! And you are one of the few who manage to make the Roland/Bugari-Evo sound almost like an accordion. I wonder how wonderful you could make the same song sound on an acoustic accordion!

Regardless of whether or not Ed's accordion has reeds, I think what is impressive is the relaxed and confident way that he adds the ornamentation to this not so difficult song.

People can express excellence in personal style with speed and technique, or fancy sounds, but to do so with seeming grace and ease takes the cake, as Ed has demonstrated. Congrats!

Regardless of whether or not Ed's accordion has reeds, I think what is impressive is the relaxed and confident way that he adds the ornamentation to this not so difficult song.

People can express excellence in personal style with speed and technique, or fancy sounds, but to do so with seeming grace and ease takes the cake, as Ed has demonstrated. Congrats!
Excellent job by Ed... acoustic or digital. It got me thinking as I have a "Hybrid Accordion" 5 sets of treble reeds and a Limex midi. I include this old not 100% perfect video to see if anyone can tell if its the Colombo reeds or the Limex midi?

Excellent job by Ed... acoustic or digital. It got me thinking as I have a "Hybrid Accordion" 5 sets of treble reeds and a Limex midi. I include this old not 100% perfect video to see if anyone can tell if its the Colombo reeds or the Limex midi?
I think it's the midi. Seems like I can hear it in the bass.

I think it's the midi, because I expect the musette is too rich for American piano accordion tastes. Sounds lovely to me, but more like a Scottish tuned Hohner Morino than a Colombo...

I think it's the midi, because I expect the musette is too rich for American piano accordion tastes. Sounds lovely to me, but more like a Scottish tuned Hohner Morino than a Colombo...
It's the Colombo and not the midi. You can't see them all in the video, but there are 15 registers. 13 are Bassoon to Piccolo. The other 2, one at the top and the other at the bottom say OPEN 5' and CLOSED 5'. This accordion has 5 reed banks on the treble side, so I guess was it was tuned to have a strong musette with the OPEN 5' register. So the video has the violin register with the OPEN 5' register activated.

Back