• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Electronic accordion question Zero Sette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just joined and have a question: I recently acquired an older Zero Sette electronic accordion, an S22 model. Unfortunately, the person I got it from had lost track of the power supply that is needed to run the electronics. Regular operation is fine. There is an XLR connector on it so I'm assuming it's some kind of phantom power configuration, power supplied across two of the pins, but that's a guess. I did contact Zero Sette support, and they referred me to a company that makes their current electronics assemblies but they didn't recognize it at all. Any ideas on how I can get this working? Thanks in advancezero - 1.jpegzero - 3.jpeg

There’s an Italian seller on eBay that sells schematics for elka hardware. I would reach out to him with the board designations and see if he has schematics. The Recanati and the circuit design makes me think it was maybe built by Elka or it’s successor.

He got me schematics for a fisa midi 2 and it had pin out and voltage info that allowed me to build a power supply for my SEM.

There’s an Italian seller on eBay that sells schematics for elka hardware. I would reach out to him with the board designations and see if he has schematics. The Recanati and the circuit design makes me think it was maybe built by Elka or it’s successor.

He got me schematics for a fisa midi 2 and it had pin out and voltage info that allowed me to build a power supply for my SEM.
Actually, that seller is a "her". :)
Ask me how I know... lol

Actually, that seller is a "her". :)
Ask me how I know... lol
Thanks. I just heard back from her. Unfortunately, no luck figuring this one out. I would need to find a specific model accordion that has this in it, besides the Zero Sette. So I am still out of luck finding a power supply.

This might be a lost cause... taking a closer look at the electronics marks it as an older analog unit (early-mid 80's unit), and it looks older than the setup used in my Elka 83, something akin to my old Iorio... but not similar enough to be used to help.

This really is a box from Zero Sette, not a "one off"... they "should" know that model based on your pics and at least be able to help you out.

The thing is that Zero Sette was not always Zero Sette, there was some cross over. They were owned by someone or they bought someone out. Someone here with that story may be able to help and then at least give you an idea on what direction to go to reach out.

Thanks again. They directed me to Musitech but it is not theirs, of course. I do know an accordion club not too far away and one of the old guys might have or know something.

I've tried some research for you. In the 70's thru 80's as you may know Zero Sette accordions were sold here under the brand
Giulietti. Before Julio Giulietti closed doors, that Zero Sette model you have was sold here with a Giulietti badge. Julio imported
very few of these and I'm researching for info or schematics from the firm that made these rebadged Zero Sette models electronics.
I'm bouncing off a brick wall so far, BUT I Will continue to search for some info. If I'm successful I'll send you a PM and also post
it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back